David Ramael is at the forefront of a new generation of entrepreneurial conductors, who try to give renewed relevance to classical music in today’s fragmented and internationalized society. He is founder and Artistic Director of Boho Strings, an international string orchestra known for building a more inclusive, compassionate and understanding society through music. With Boho Strings he has already achieved a remarkable track record of creating new and unique programs, by concertizing in unconventional venues and by fully embracing the transformative qualities of music.
Prior to his role with Boho Strings, David Ramael was active for 10 years in the United States, where he led a number of high profile orchestral programs at universities in N.Y., as well as being Artistic Director of Gemini Youth Orchestras.
David Ramael holds advanced degrees in conducting and musicology, having studied at the Royal Brussels Conservatory, the Free Brussels University, the University of Vienna and the University of Minnesota. He was grant recipient of the prestigious Belgian American Education Foundation.
Known for his genuine heartfelt musicianship, and his originality in combining a clear artistic vision with a strong interest in social issues, David Ramael is a frequent guest in all the major concert halls in Belgium, such as BOZAR, Concertgebouw Brugge and De Bijloke in Ghent.
- Cooperation with ‘Orchestre Philharmonique Royal de Liège’ - pedagogical concerts about the emotional impact of music (February 22th – 23th – 24th 2017). Read more
- Concert introductions
- BOZAR – De-Radicalize (April 2017)
- Koningin Elisabethzaal Antwerp – concert with Henry Kramer (Winner of the Second Prize at the Queen Elisabeth Competition Piano 2016) and Senne La Mela (trumpet)
- Concertgebouw Bruges - Strauss, Metamorfosen (March 2018)
- De Bijloke Ghent – Trinity (April 2018)